Treatments for chronic fatigue syndrome depend on a person’s symptoms and how his body responds to various therapies. The disease is characterized by unexplained fatigue that can worsen with mental or physical activity. People who have this medical problem don’t get a relief even if they get enough rest. The following are some of the options for treating chronic fatigue syndrome:
Chronic fatigue syndrome can be treated using some treatments such as:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). This therapy is provided to those who have moderate chronic fatigue syndrome. This talking treatment helps patients in managing their disorder by changing how they behave and think. The therapy can help them accept their condition, learn to control their symptoms and understand the impacts of their behavior on their condition.
- Graded exercise therapy. This structured exercise programme is designed to gradually increase how patients can perform a physical activity. Often, the therapy includes exercises which increase their heart rate. Their physical capabilities will be the basis of their exercise programme.
Doctors prescribe certain medications to help patients manage their symptoms: These medications include:
- Anticonvulsants. Sometimes, medications designed for preventing seizures can help those who have chronic fatigue syndrome. They are particularly prescribed for patients who have fibromyalgia pain.
- Benzodiazepines. While not everybody who has chronic fatigue syndrome is depressed, a number of antidepressants can help in easing pain, fatigue and sleep problems.
- Stimulants. Modalert (Modafinil) may be prescribed to patients who chronic fatigue syndrome to increase their daytime alertness. The drug helps them stay awake and have the energy they need to get through their day. While it is currently approved by the FDA for treating narcolepsy, shift work sleep disorder and sleep apnea, it has been shown to be effective in treating chronic fatigue syndrome. People should order modafinil online from a reputable source.
Chronic fatigue syndrome can be caused by a person’s lifestyle so making changes to this might help in treating their illness.
- Eating a healthy and balanced diet. Doctors should provide advice to their patients on how to achieve this, especially if shopping and preparing food is hard for them to do.
- Getting enough sleep and rest. Some people with chronic fatigue syndrome may have sleep issues so they need to establish a normal sleeping pattern.
Chronic fatigue syndrome is a serious condition that can affect the patient’s ability to have productive days. Whether they choose to buy modalert or make lifestyle changes, it is important to take their treatments seriously.